Civil Rights Lawyers Serving Monticello And Throughout Kentucky

It is all too easy for people’s basic civil rights to be violated, sometimes heinously. When a government actor such as a police officer fails to respect your civil rights, it can feel like there is nothing you can do. There are remedies. Title 42, Section 1983 of the United States Code gives people the opportunity to pursue compensation for violations of their rights by government actors and related entities.

Common ways in which people’s civil rights are violated by the police include:

  • Excessive force
  • False imprisonment
  • Unreasonable searches and seizures

Malicious Prosecution

When someone pursues criminal charges or a civil lawsuit against you wrongfully, you may be able to pursue compensation for malicious prosecution. If you have been prosecuted for a crime where probable cause did not exist and other issues should have prevented charges from being filed, you may be able to pursue action against the parties that sought to prosecute you. This can include the police, prosecutors and others.

Malicious prosecution can also occur in a civil court. If, for example, someone has sued you to cause you harm and the underlying issue was misrepresented, you may be able to pursue compensation for malicious prosecution.

Million-Dollar Verdicts And Settlements

At Carroll & Turner, PSC, our attorneys have more than 50 years of combined experience. We understand §1983 and the ways in which it protects people. During our decades of helping people, we have seen numerous instances of how the civil and criminal courts can be abused to harm a person. With our highly effective representation, we can help people take action against those who use the courts as a weapon against our clients. We have a track record of positive results we have generated for clients in the past, including a $20 million verdict and other million-dollar verdicts and settlements. We are highly selective about the cases we take. This allows us to focus and offer our clients the best available representation.

Contact Us

When your civil rights have been violated, you need to work with an attorney who understands how to build a strong case against the government or whoever tried to harm you. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 606-930-4434, toll free at 866-323-5865 or contact us online.